|Posted by shelly on May 29, 2015 at 3:35 AM|
We are thrilled to announce:
THE 2015 HOUSE CONCERT FUNDRAISING TOUR!
STARRING: SHELLY WADE
FEATURING YOUR KIDS AS: THE SKYSCRAPERS (Soloists and Backup Singers / Band members)
This summer and fall, I'll be booking shows through the tri-state area and in other cities throughout the east coast as well. If you're interested in becoming a host, please let me know!
How to make it happen:
We pick a date.
You invite 20 friends.
I send you practice tracks for the kids to practice singing / playing their songs / backup, etc.
On the day of the show:
We rehearse. We set up a real stage area with seating etc.
I perform, they perform, we all perform. You watch and video with your friends.
I explain the concept of my new Young Artist Program, which we will launch this coming school year and how you can help support the cause!
What are you supporting?
The launching and development of my Young Artist Program, in which students will be writing songs for children in hospitals, bully victims, foster children, etc. As part of their vocal/music lessons curriculum, students will study and practice music as a language with a 'real-life purpose'; writing a song for a child in need. We will be partnering with hospitals, foster care centers, bullying victims, and more. In need-children will send us a packet a letter explaining their thoughts and things they like to do, friends' names, etc., and we will write a song for them. Each student will write one song for one child per semester. Students can also partner up.
A handful of music teachers write songs with their students and a few charity agencies write songs for children in hospitals, etc. But we are combining the two, for the following reasons.
It's a great way to:
1. Learn music as a LANGUAGE, by immersion and the real-life experience of crafting a song.
2. Do community service. -- Give someone a unique adn theraputic gift that could change their lives.
3. Get your song(s) published (Awesome for resumes when applying for scholarships and schools)
4. Motivate yourself to practice finish a project with the intention and deadline of helping someone.
* Contributions will go towards recording, studio space, engineers and producers, production costs, etc.